Sunday, May 16, 2010

High Priestess Christine and the Enchanting Times







Friday marked the end to probably my hardest week of 2010. Time to welcome the queen of shabbat, and what better way to do that than drinking at my friend Jill's house. I love lapsed Catholics. Jill made sure I had an adult beverage at all times, while her husband, Brett, painted upstairs, consequently tripping on fumes for most of the evening. I told Jill I needed candles, bread and wine for the start of shabbat. She did pretty good for a goy. We had a Lady of Guadalupe candle, unkosher white wine and some kind of berry-nut bread. Since G-d has a sense of humor, I thought this would do in a pinch. I look forward to more shabbats at the Williams.



Saturday was dull and rainy, so I decided Sunday would be my bus riding day. I hopped on the #81 line around noon and transferred to #27 heading north to the Heights. No bus action, but I found plenty of interesting people once I got to Psychic Sunday at Temple's Gate. Once I walked in, I discovered that Temple's Gate was now Enchanting Times. They had only been open a couple of days, so I really lucked out. My favorite tarot card reader, Joelle, was there. She offers enlightened spiritual solutions to people. Joelle has read my cards several times, and she has always been right on the money with her readings. She told me my health and life in general was good. Exactly what I thought, especially after some crazy bitch fortune teller at the Renaissance Festival told me I would die of a heart attack soon. I want a refund! I then talked to Reverend Christine. She has been a studying and practicing witch for 22 years, and teaches Eclectic Wicca classes to the public. Teresa, the store's owner, told me that she took a class from the good reverend, and that's how she ended up buying Enchanting Times. Her daughter, Holly, works with her at the store. They were all friendly and extremely informative. I then conversed with Feather the Good Witch. She gave me a real education on Paganism and Wicca. I had no idea they were so involved. I wouldn't mind taking a class from Feather to learn more about her practices. Her husband, Dancing Rabbit, is an accomplished author. They suggested some authors and books that I should read to learn more about the worship of Mother Earth. I feel empowered to start the work week tomorrow knowing that I'm not going to drop dead any time soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment