Friday, June 25, 2010

Willie Green, Discovery Green, We're All Green!

Time to redeem my St. Arnold's carriers for precious points. Thursday at Discovery Green , St. Arnold's will give you double points for the carriers you turn in to be recycled, so now my beer account has 50 points in it. I can't wait to go shopping! Since I was wearing my Keep Portland Beered shirt, a lovely, beer drinking couple, Richard and Susan Nelson, stopped to share with me some places to swig beer in Portland and Seattle. Although Richard is an Aggie, and Susan is from Mizzou, they had lived for several years in the Northwest. I'm looking forward to next month when I am in Portland and Seattle, lifting a cup of brew in honor of the Nelsons.
The sky looked ominous, but that didn't deter the drunken crowd from dancing and having a good time as Joe King Carrasco played tunes that took us all down Houston memory lane. All ages were cuttin' a rug under tornadic conditions. It takes more than a little turbulent weather to make Houstonians stop partying and go home. On my way to my bus stop, I stopped to read the sign donated by BP about what a green, wonderful company they are. Ha! That's the funniest thing I've read this summer. Onward to catch the #82 where I met a great downtowner, Willie Green. He has lived downtown for 14 years and is a native Houstonian. He was well versed in the law and spent quite awhile explaining to me the difference between a class c misdemeanor and a felony. In fact Willie told me he had just gotten out of the city jail for a class c misdemeanor which was for enjoying a few beers on the streets of Houston. Po po don't like that shit! Hide your beer unless you are stumbling out of a swanky Main St. club then the po po looks the other way. Average citizens like me and Willie will be sent to the big house for having a little public fun. He shared with me the pros and cons of city, county and state lock-ups. What an eye opening education I received from Mr. Green. I think I'll do my darndest to be a law abiding citizen because no incarceration sounds like a picnic to me. I liked Willie and will have to talk to him in the future. His parting pearls of wisdom were to stay away from those Pierce Elevated folks because they is crazy! Amen Brother Green.

No comments:

Post a Comment