Saturday, March 27, 2010

Breakfast of Champions




Another beautiful Saturday in Houston,TX. I decided to go downtown to the Anjelika to see the documentary The Art of the Steal. It was great! Took a stroll over to City Hall and met Nathaniel on one of the park benches. He has lived in various locations in downtown Houston for the last 30 years. At dusk, the friendly HPD tells the local park dwellers to move along, so Nathaniel spends most nights under various I-45 bridges. He eats a lot of his meals at the downtown missions, but they don't serve beer for breakfast, so Nathaniel has a couple of favorite convenience stores he stops at to grab two 40 ounce beers every morning. He lived in downtown Boston for awhile. Nathaniel said he liked it better than Houston because he had a job. He said he worked at a research facility that did animal testing. I couldn't make out what he was saying when I asked him exactly what his job was, and I do believe I am thankful for that. I wished Nathaniel well and headed to the bus stop. I boarded the #81 and was the only rider on it, so I thought I'd ask the driver how long he had been driving for Metro. Wrong question! He replied with a snarl that he didn't have to give personal information to NOBODY. I told him that he was correct and took my seat quickly. Most Metro drivers are nice, so I looked on the Metro website to see if it mentions anything about drivers and customer service. Sure enough, it says that bus operators are expected to interact with passengers in a courteous and helpful manner. So, to whomever was driving the #81 route, bus #3614 @ 7pm on 3/27, you're an asshole!

1 comment:

  1. What a pooper! I'ma blow up his bus like Dennis Hopper in 'Speed'!

    ReplyDelete