Sunday, March 7, 2010

Give Peace A Chance!











The sun always brings out Houston's finest. I decided to contribute to global warming today and take my car, instead of the bus, to the Quakers Peace Festival on West 26th street. I parked out of sight so the hippies wouldn't slash my carcinogen-spewing, gas-guzzling vehicle. My good friend, Tammy, joined me at the festival. It was way too sedate for two party girls like us, so we said Happy Trails to the vegans and jumped in Tammy's luxury, fossil fuel burning car and headed to Cedar Creek. A couple of blocks away we encountered this cool dude riding a cooler. We had to talk to this American patriot. Anyone riding a cooler down a Houston street while proudly displaying our American flag is tops in my book. His name is Bobby the Surfer and he restores antiques and keeps the neighborhood supplied with beer. Flashback to 1971! Make love not war! I'm pretty sure his shorts were vintage Vietnam war era. Bobby gave me a tour of his cruisin' cooler and it rocked. Tammy and I look forward to our next visit with Bobby the Surfer. On to Cedar Creek where I spied some fellow co-workers relaxing on Peace Day. Then we met some cool dudes that were fans of whitegirlridingthebus. They gave me some suggestions for future bus adventures. They also told me that James and I would make a smokin' hot couple...we'll see. Either #26 or #27 will take me close to this happening section of town, so stay tuned for when I ride the bus and make new friends.
*** Bobby the Surfer's cruisin' cooler was actually motorized!!! ***

2 comments:

  1. SWEET! love it. im gonna be on the look out for ballin' bobby. wonder if he'll take our advice and start selling ice cream to the children...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Bobby the Surfer, can't wait to meet him in person.

    ReplyDelete